what is krempels center?
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 UPDATE
Krempels Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with acquired brain injury by delivering quality therapeutic programming and meaningful support.
- We provide a safe and welcoming community where every person is treated with kindness, dignity, and respect.
- We develop therapeutic programming that is specific to the needs of brain injury survivors.
- We focus on members’ strengths—encouraging and supporting them as they reinvent their lives post-injury—and responding to their changing needs during their lifelong process of growth and recovery.
- We support our members’ right to self-determination in developing their own goals and making their own choices.
- We create an environment that is rich with opportunities for peer support.
- We offer affordable services to all survivors of brain injury. No one is turned away due to inability to pay.
- We strive for excellence in everything we do.
Krempels Center provides classes and support groups within a vibrant community setting, with ample opportunity for peer support and building social connections.
Programming is designed by professional staff who understand the unique needs of brain injury survivors. Krempels Center members have the opportunity to provide on-going input into program development. The Center offers personal development and education opportunities in the following therapeutic areas:
- Functional and cognitive skill building
- Social and communication skills
- Mental health
- Physical wellness
- Community connections
- Creative expression and recreation
In addition, Krempels Center offers:
- Support with personal goal attainment
- Assistance connecting with community resources
- Resources and support for family members
Krempels Center recognizes that family members also live with the effects of brain injury and have unique needs, separate from those of brain injury survivors. Family caregivers are a vital part of the Krempels Center community. Compassionate and knowledgeable staff are available to provide support and resource information to families in need.