5K Road Race
Runner's Alley Cisco Brewers Portsmouth Memorial Day 5K | Sunday, May 24th, 2020 at 11:00am
The 23rd Annual Runner's Alley/Cisco Brewers Portsmouth 5K is set for Sunday May 24, 2020. Held every year on Memorial Day Weekend, and starting at the popular Cisco Brewery in Portsmouth, this annual event hosts over 2,000 runners and walkers. All proceeds go directly to Krempels Center. This premier race boasts a fast, flat course, a huge feast for participants, live music, kids fun run, VIP club and a Cisco Beer for each participant over age 21.
Volunteers Needed: Join a loyal, fun-loving group that returns year after year to make this event a huge success. There are many opportunities available, from waterstop duty to food line to recycling. Click here to learn about volunteer opportunities.
***Posted March 16, 2020***
Message to our Friends:
As one of the local race community’s largest and most treasured 5K events, we are hopeful and optimistic that we will be able to conduct the Runner’s Alley Cisco Brewers Portsmouth Memorial Day 5K as planned on May 24, 2020. As of today (March 16th), planning for the 5K goes on uninterrupted and we encourage you to take advantage of our early bird registration pricing through the end of March.
However, we will be working closely with our trusted partners and local officials to ensure we make the most responsible decisions leading up to the event. Therefore, we are committed to providing regular and timely communication via this website, our Facebook page and local media outlets as we move forward. Questions and other feedback can be emailed to the race director at email@example.com.
This race is one of Krempels Center’s largest community fundraisers, having raised over a million dollars for the organization. Krempels Center is a nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of those living with brain injury. There are truly no other opportunities for brain injury survivors similar to what Krempels Center offers. That said, due to their circumstances, 80% of Krempels Center members receive financial aid to attend programs, with 50% attending for free. All proceeds from race registrations go directly towards programming that helps survivors with skill building and social connection to improve their quality of life following brain injury.
Your support now through registrations and donations on our race sign-up page is more important than ever. Thank you and best wishes as we unite as a community through this unprecedented time.
- Early Bib Pick-Up:
- Saturday May 23rd from 10am-4pm, located at Runner's Alley Portsmouth (104 Congress St, Portsmouth, NH 03801)
- Day-of Bib Pick-Up and Registration:
- Sunday May 24th 9-10:30am, located at Cisco Brewers Portsmouth (35 Corporate Drive, Portsmouth, NH 03801)
Learn more about how to be involved below:
- Race shirt for those who register by April 1st!
- 1 Cisco Beer included in price of registration
- Free refreshments at finish line
- Live band at finish!
- Want close parking? Volunteer before you run!
- 100 Club road race shirt
- VIP Parking
- A Very-Good Goody-Bag
- VIP Porta-potty
- Post-Race Massage
- All kinds of water!
- Awesome Food—No lines!
- Pitchers of refreshing beer
- Free T-Shirt for all pint-sized runners
- Access to post-race food
- Toys & fun in race lane!
- Open to runners 8 years old & under
- Team Krempels is made up of athletes from Krempels Center
- Training begins in April
- Team seating area and Team T-Shirts!
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- Volunteer T-Shirt
- Coffee/donuts in the morning
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Ability to work with your schedule if you’re running too!